These Instructor Terms were last updated 27 Septemper 2021
As an instructor, you are contracting directly with Loolla, Inc. (a brand owned by TRIMIY LLP, based in Singapore).
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course cover page content, and announcements ("Submitted Content"). You represent and agree that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party's intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, experience and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You agree that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse Loolla resources, including support services.
2. License to Loolla
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Loolla permission to use your Submitted Content - in its original or amended form(s) - for the purpose of marketing, promotion, demonstrating and/or selling. You waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Community Guidelines
You agree to abide by Loolla's Community Guidelines, and other quality standards or policies prescribed by Loolla from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Loolla's approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
3.1 Standards & Quality
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the learner / student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Loolla or bring Loolla into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Loolla's policies; or
- as determined by Loolla in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Loolla platform may allow you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Loolla account and courses. Loolla is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don't have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you'll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Loolla platform, and that you won't solicit additional personal data or store students' personal data outside the Loolla platform. You will indemnify Loolla against any claims arising from your use of students' personal data.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price ("Price") for your course. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free.
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Price into the student's applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Loolla and/or third party payment gateway services. We reserve the right to update the conversion rate and determine the payment gateway services at any time.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Loolla to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes ("Transaction Taxes") , under applicable law and if demanded upon us, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due.
4.3 Promotional Programs
From time to time, Loolla may offers several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs) in which you can choose to participate based on the stated terms and conditions. These programs can help increase your revenue potential on Loolla by promoting your courses
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Loolla from the student ("Gross Amount"). From this, Loolla will deduct 20% from the gross amount to account for Total Transaction Fees (10%) accrued to payment gateways and 3rd Party Services and Platform Service Fees (10%). Instructors will receive 80% of the remaining gross amount from the sale less any relevant charges imposed by the payment gateway service provider on the Instructors' account (i.e. PayPal).
Loolla makes all instructor payments via in U.S. dollars (USD) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in USD).
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal and/or credit card account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the prevailing revenue share model, payment for course revenue will be made on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred. If the 1st or 3rd Monday falls on a holiday(s), the the payment will be credited on the subsequent day following the public holiday(s)
We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account for some reasons, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor's courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Loolla courses or your participation on Loolla; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Deleting Your Account
You can delete your account at any point via the Profile Photo, then Dashboard, followed by Account Settings Page. We'll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact our team at [email protected].
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Loolla reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
8.2 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
9. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our team at [email protected]. We would love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.